Will the 2017 Honda Ridgeline Deliver Best-in-Class Fuel Economy?
Truck drivers expect a lot of different things from their pickups—and outstanding fuel economy did not used to be on the list. But a changing world means changing expectations, and today’s pickup trucks are becoming more fuel efficient to keep up with new regulations as well as consumer demands.
For example, Honda delivers an impressively fuel-efficient truck in the outstanding 2017 Honda Ridgeline. Best-in-class fuel economy is a benefit any driver can appreciate, and the Ridgeline outdoes various competing trucks when it comes to fuel efficiency. Take a look at how the Ridgeline’s mpg stats compare to some of its top rivals—then stop by any Mid-Missouri Honda Dealers location to take a test drive!
Gas Mileage Comparison
In the area of fuel efficiency, the Honda Ridgeline truly stands out in comparison with its competitors.
The Ridgeline models with two-wheel drive deliver an EPA-estimated 19 city mpg and 26 highway mpg,* while the Ridgeline AWD trims offer an EPA-estimated 18 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway.*
In contrast, this is how three of the Honda Ridgeline’s top opponents compare in the area of fuel economy:
- 2016 Nissan Frontier 4×4 offers just 15 city mpg and 21 highway mpg
- 2017 Toyota Tacoma 4×4 equipped with a V6 engine delivers between just 17 and 18 city mpg and between 20 and 23 highway mpg
- 2016 Chevy Colorado 4×4 equipped with a V6 engine provides only 17 city mpg and 24 highway mpg
Industry-First Ridgeline Amenities
Another area in which the Ridgeline shines is amenities, offering a lineup of industry-first features that no other truck currently has.
Among them, the Ridgeline offers the following world-first features:
- Dual-Action Tailgate: The Ridgeline’s standard dual-action tailgate is the first tailgate on earth that is able to swing two ways, opening vertically like any ordinary tailgate and also swinging open horizontally for easy loading and unloading.
- In-Bed Trunk: The industry’s first in-bed trunk also comes standard onboard the 2017 Ridgeline, featuring 7.3 cubic feet of cargo room integrated right into the truck bed. The Ridgeline’s in-bed trunk is lockable, features cargo accessories, and even has a built-in drain plug so it can double as an ice chest.
- Truck-Bed Audio System: Another industry-exclusive feature is the Ridgeline’s available truck-bed audio system. Enjoy 540 watts of sound delivered through six exciters integrated into the truck bed wall. This system not only keeps your favorite music pumping outside the truck, but it can also be conveniently controlled via Bluetooth.
Hit the Road in the Impressive Ridgeline
Drivers can experience the 2017 Honda Ridgeline’s outstanding fuel efficiency and incredible amenities for themselves at any Mid-Missouri Honda Dealers location. Stop by any of our associated dealerships today to take the Ridgeline for a test drive!
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.