What Makes the 2019 Honda Passport Car & Driver’s Best Rated Midsize SUV?
Car & Driver just tested five of the industry’s top midsize crossovers to determine their best rated midsize SUV, including:
- 2019 Chevrolet Blazer
- 2019 Ford Edge
- 2019 Nissan Murano
- 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
- 2019 Honda Passport
After three days and 550 miles, the Honda Passport took home the win. We’re here to tell you why.
Highs and Lows from the Midsize Crossover Class
2019 Nissan Murano:
- “Highs: Cushy front seats, best ride in the group.
- Lows: Raucous engine, F-body space efficiency, CVT.
- Verdict: Perfect if all you ever do is coast short distances downhill with a single passenger.”
2019 Ford Edge:
- “Highs: Seriously silent, low-stress engine, good grip.
- Lows: Tall hoodline, bizarre control relationships, overweight, underdamped.
- Verdict: It’s as awkward in daily use as it is on a mountain road.”
2019 Chevrolet Blazer:
- “Highs: Rewarding control feel and response, quick.
- Lows: Pricey, harshest ride, recalcitrant downshifts.
- Verdict: An SUV for blazing down back roads and burning through your savings.”
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe:
- “Highs: Inexpensive, packaged like Costco, feature-laden.
- Lows: Blasé control feel, merely adequate dynamics.
- Verdict: Simple, usable, economical, effective. It’s the practical family’s choice.”
2019 Honda Passport:
- “Highs: Big on space, small from behind the wheel, quick, priced right.
- Lows: Enough with the push-button shifter already, still needs more knobs.
- Verdict: The best combination of utility and driving pleasure also comes with a reasonable price tag.”
What Makes the Honda Passport a Standout Midsize SUV?
With its 280 hp V6 engine and standard Intelligent Traction Management, Honda’s midsize delivered “the best zero-to-60, quarter-mile, and 50-to-70 passing times in the group, even as the Passport earned the best observed fuel economy.”
Car & Driver also praised its “light, accurate steering” and called it “picture of pragmatic service largely thanks to enormous interior space”. In fact, it provided by far the most cargo space with a staggering 100.7 cubic feet behind the 1st row.
Nothing Comes Close to Matching the 2019 Honda Passport
Car & Driver summed up by noting that “Honda squarely nails those details necessary to be a legit family-hauling utility wagon.” To explore anything from Honda Passport configurations to current specials to the full AWD lineup, visit your local Mid-Missouri Honda dealer. For any further information or advice, feel free to contact us directly.