Honda Pilot Safety Rating: Top Safety Pick+
More and more modern vehicles are offering powerful safety technologies and capabilities, but in many cases, the vehicles made by Honda still stand head and shoulders above the rest. The experts at the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety have just awarded the 2019 Honda Pilot with their highest honor, the Top Safety Pick+ designation, and once you’ve seen what this SUV has to offer, you’ll have no trouble seeing why! Honda Sensing technologies now come standard on every trim level—and this impressive crash prevention system is just one of the features that sets this all-wheel drive Honda apart. Our friends and neighbors in Mid-Missouri can learn more about the Honda Pilot safety rating by reading on.
Top Safety Pick+ Qualifications
In order to be named as a Top Safety Pick+, a vehicle must meet or exceed some of the strictest qualifications employed by any safety-testing agency operating today. These include:
- A ‘Good’ rating in Driver-Side Small Overlap Front collisions and Moderate Overlap Front collisions.
- A ‘Good’ rating in Driver’s Side, Passenger’s Side, Roof Strength and Head Restraint tests.
- An ‘Acceptable’ or better rating in Passenger-Side Small Overlap collisions
- Available ‘Advanced’ or ‘Superior’ Front Crash Protection Systems
- Available Headlights with a ‘Good’ Rating
The Pilot, for its own part, earned ‘Good’ ratings in all the required categories, and its Front Crash Protection was rated ‘Superior’. It received ‘Acceptable’ ratings in both its Passenger Side Small Front Overlap test and its Child Seat Anchors Ease-of-Use test, and it remains one of the safest SUVs on the road today.
Honda Pilot Safety Features
The engineers and designers at Honda considered everything when they built the Pilot, and its myriad safety systems combine Passive, Active, and Driver-Assistive protections in ways that few other SUVs can match. Unless otherwise noted, the safety features listed below are standard across all trim levels and model types.
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) Body Structure
- Automatic High-Beam Headlights
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (Honda Sensing feature)
- Road Departure Mitigation System (Honda Sensing feature)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (Honda Sensing feature)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (Honda Sensing feature)
- Blind Spot Monitoring System with Cross-Traffic Monitor (Standard in EX and up)
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management (I-VTM4) All-Wheel Drive (Available in LX and up, Standard in Elite)
Test Drive the Pilot Today!
Contact your local Mid-Missouri Honda Dealer to learn more about the 2019 Honda Pilot’s safety rating and safety features—and to take your favorite trim level for a test drive! Once you’ve had the chance to explore our current offers, you’ll want to get behind the wheel as soon as possible.