2019 Subaru Forester vs. Honda CR-V
Comparing Subaru Forester vs. Honda CR-V is on the to-do list of many a crossover SUV shopper – in fact, Car & Driver just conducted their own match-up to see which one came out ahead. Ultimately, the Honda CR-V edgedout the Subaru, and we’re here to tell you why by comparing 2019 Subaru Forester Touring vs. Honda CR-V Touring AWD CVT on the following factors:
- Price and Residual Value
- Power and MPG
- Cargo Capacity
Price and Residual Value
Pit Subaru Forester Touring vs. Honda CR-V Touring AWD CVT and you’ll quickly notice the Honda makes better financial sense:
- Honda CR-V Price: Priced at $34,250 MSRP*.
- Subaru Forester Price: Starting at $34,295 MSRP.
- Honda CR-V Residual Value: Predicted 45% ALG residual value after 60 months.
- Subaru Forester Residual Value: Predicted 40% ALG residual value after 60 months.
The Honda CR-V Touring starts lower and holds its value longer.
Power and MPG
It’s rare for one vehicle to deliver both stronger engine specs and higher mpg ratings than a competitor, except when it’s a Honda. Just check out how Honda CR-V Touring specs outperform those of the Subaru Forester Touring:
- Honda CR-V HP and Torque: Generates up to 190 hp and 179 lb-ft of torque.
- Subaru Forester HP and Torque: Generates up to 182 hp and 176 lb-ft of torque.
- Honda CR-V MPG: Make up to an EPA-estimated 27 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway**.
- Subaru Forester MPG: Make up to an EPA-estimated 26 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway.
The crossover SUV class is one most drivers turn to for generous interior dimensions, so the Subaru Forester’s relatively cramped cabin is unlikely to impress.
- Honda CR-V Cargo Capacity: There’s up to 37.6 cubic feet of cargo space behind the 2nd row or 75.8 behind the 1st row.
- Subaru Forester Cargo Capacity: There’s up to just 33 cubic feet of cargo space behind the 2nd row or 70.9 behind the 1st row.
Even the 2019 Subaru Forester Feels Underwhelming Next to the New Honda CR-V
To check out Honda CR-V trim levels, hear about the latest new vehicle specials, or discover the full AWD lineup, the team at your nearest Mid-Missouri Honda dealer will be happy to help. For any further advice or assistance, don’t hesitate to contact us today.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $1,045.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.