2020 Honda Civic Hatchback MPG
The Honda Civic Hatchback range has always been about proving you can enjoy spacious interior dimensions and a commodious cargo area without sacrificing sporty performance and family-friendly efficiency scores. All it takes is a quick look at Honda Civic Hatchback MPG ratings to see that the latest iteration of this fuel-efficient hatchback is taking that fusion even further, so read on to explore:
- Engine Options
- Efficiency Scores
The Honda Civic Hatchback allows drivers to select their own level of performance – LX, EX, and EX-L trims provide a nimbler drive than most hatches, while the Sport and Sport Touring deliver track-like acceleration and agility.
LX, EX, and EX-L trims feature:
- 1.5L Turbocharged Engine: Uses a single-scroll turbocharger and computer-controlled direct injection to deliver up to 174 hp and 167 lb-ft of torque.
Sport and Sport Touring trims feature:
- Upgraded 1.5L Turbocharged Engine: Coupling the standard engine with the center-mounted dual outlet exhaust boasts you to 180 hp and up to 177 lb-ft of torque with 6-speed manual transmission or 162 lb-ft with CVT.
The 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback might offer the horsepower and torque ratings you’d expect from a hot hatch, but it still manages to refine those engine specs for extraordinary efficiency scores.
LX, EX, and EX-L trims use:
- Continuously Variable Transmission (LL-CVT): Makes up to an EPA-estimated 31 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway*.
Sport and Sport Touring models use:
- Standard 6-Speed Manual Transmission (6MT): Makes up to an EPA-estimated 29 mpg in the city and 37 mpg on the highway*.
- Available Continuously Variable Transmission (LL-CVT): Makes up to an EPA-estimated 29 mpg in the city and 35 mpg on the highway*.
The 6-speed manual will certainly prove compelling to those who value performance. As summed up by CNET: “If you know Honda, then you know that gearbox is going to be good.”
The Honda Civic Hatchback Combines Exhilarating Performance with Outstanding Efficiency
The latest Honda Civic Hatchback has to be experienced first-hand, and you can take a look at the interior or arrange a test drive at your local Mid-Missouri Honda dealer. To find out more or hear about our latest specials, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
*Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.