2020 Honda Civic Sedan Safety
With unbeatable safety ratings and acclaimed expert reviews, the 2020 Honda Civic Sedan has a stellar reputation for safety. Explore the diverse selection of top-tier 2020 Honda Civic Sedan safety features here.
Standard Safety Features: Honda Sensing
Car and Driver calls the 2020 Honda Civic Sedan: “A well-rounded compact car that goes above and beyond its stellar reputation.” Part of this is because of the standard Honda Sensing suite on all Honda Civic Sedan trim levels.
Honda Sensing driver assistance features provide the best in cutting-edge of automotive safety. Working in tandem with one another, they keep you and your passengers safe by warning you of danger, enhancing awareness, and even acting automatically to prevent collisions.
Honda Sensing features include:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™): Automatically applies braking force to prevent a collision or reduce its severity.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): Scans for common edge of road markers, then provides corrective steering pressure if you start to cross them.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow: Adjusts your preset cruising speed up and down to maintain a safe distance between your Honda Civic Sedan and the vehicle ahead.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): Scans ahead to determine your position on the road, then provides an alert if you attempt to change lanes without signaling.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): Fail to pay attention to your Lane Departure Warning System and corrective steering pressure will be applied.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW): Scans ahead of your vehicle to check for potential frontal collisions and provide a warning in enough time for you to take evasive action.
- Auto High-Beam Headlights: Cycles high-beams on and off automatically as vehicles approach and pass after dark.
You can also upgrade your driver assistance features on other trim levels to enjoy Honda LaneWatch™, which plays a video feed on your in-dash display showing the blind spot on the side you just signaled to help avoid unsafe maneuvers.
Honda Civic Sedan Active Safety Features
Each Honda Civic Sedan model comes ready with a sophisticated suite of active safety features to help prevent accidents. These features assist in everything from providing proper braking power to maintaining air pressure:
- Brake Assist: Maintains optimum control during emergency braking by detecting the extreme rate of pedal application and pressure associated with a sudden stop and automatically applying added pressure to bring you to a stop sooner.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS): Driving without enough pressure in your tires can drastically reduce traction and control, so the TPMS lets you know when any tire needs topping up.
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control: Boosts driver confidence by using a variety of sensors to monitor conditions and intervene to prevent understeer, oversteer, and other loss-of-traction events.
- 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS): Maintains your Honda Civic Sedan’s wheels near their point of maximum traction during hard braking to ensure you can brake and steer simultaneously without risking the tires skidding or the brakes locking.
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD): Optimizes braking performance by monitoring how your vehicle’s weight shifts and intelligently distributing braking force between all four wheels to compensate.
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL): Provides constant low-level light throughout the day to enhance your visibility to other road users.
Honda Civic Sedan Passive Safety Features
The 2020 Honda Civic Sedan received impressive ratings after undergoing rigorous crash-testing with both the NHTSA and IIHS. The NHTSA gave the Civic Sedan a 5-star overall safety rating*, and the IIHS awarded the 2020 Honda Civic Sedan a coveted Top Safety Pick after it scored a top mark of Good in all their following crashworthiness categories:
- Small Overlap Front: Driver-Side
- Small Overlap Front: Passenger-Side
- Moderate Overlap Front
- Roof Strength
- Head Restraints & Seats
Honda’s celebrated Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure utilizes a complex network of structures to crumple effectively in the event of a collision, subsequently channeling impact energy away from the passenger compartment. This modern design is just one of the passive safety features helping to keep you and yours protected inside the Civic.
Other passive safety features include:
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH)
- Advanced Front Airbags (i-SRS)
- SmartVent® Front Side Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- 3-Point Seat Belts at all Seating Positions
- Front 3-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System
See Why the 2020 Honda Civic Sedan Earns 5-Star Safety Ratings*
Take a test drive or talk through our latest specials with a visit to your local Metro Mid-Missouri Honda dealer. If you’re in need of any other assistance in the meantime, get in touch directly today.
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov.