2021 Honda Pilot Specs
Unlike most 3-row models, the Honda Pilot complements its commanding performance with the efficient agility of a smaller model. Whether you’re driving through the country or the city, the 2021 Honda Pilot has the specs you need to get you and your family to your destination.
2021 Honda Pilot Engine Options
Every trim level of the 2021 Honda Pilot comes with the same exceptional 3.5L 24-Valve SOHC i-VTEC® V6 for:
- Up to 280 hp
- Up to 262 lb-ft of torque
- Tow up to 3,500 lbs. with 2WD models
- Tow up to 5,000 lbs. with AWD models
As Edmunds writes: “We tested a Pilot Elite and recorded a 0-60 mph sprint of 7.0 seconds, which is a bit quicker than most rival midsize three-row SUVs.”
Active Control Engine Mount System (ACM) and Active Noise Cancellation™ (ANC) technology, keeping things quiet inside the cabin so passengers will barely notice the engine’s roar.
2021 Honda Pilot Drivetrain Options
Drivers also have the opportunity to select the right drivetrain to meet their needs. Options include:
- 2021 Honda Pilot 2WD: Comes as standard with the LX, EX, EX-L, Special Edition, and Touring. Perfect for drivers who want to prioritize efficiency ratings.
- 2021 Honda Pilot AWD: The Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ (i-VTM4®) AWD System is available across all trims or standard with the Elite. Great for those expecting to encounter adverse weather or more challenging terrain.
2021 Honda Pilot MPG Ratings
All 2021 Honda Pilot models come with the same transmission system – a 9-Speed Automatic (9AT) with Shift-By-Wire (SBW) and Paddle Shifters that generates the perfect power no matter the situation, while giving you excellent efficiency. You can expect to make:
- Up to an EPA-estimated 20 mpg in the city* and 27 mpg on the highway* with 2WD models
- Up to an EPA-estimated 19 mpg in the city* and 26 mpg on the highway* with AWD models
Moreover, efficiency features heighten your model’s fuel economy:
- Variable Cylinder Management™ (VCM®): Shuts down two engine cylinders during steady cruising to minimize fuel consumption.
- Eco Assist™ System: Provides visual feedback on fuel consumption to coach you into a more efficient driving style over time.
- Idle-Stop: Shuts the engine off at standstill and then seamless starts it up again when you hit the gas.
2021 Honda Pilot Performance Features
Intelligent Traction Management
The Intelligent Traction Management system allows you to push a button to adjust drive dynamics around changing weather conditions. There are modes for:
- Normal and Snow with 2WD models
- Normal, Snow, Mud, and Sand with AWD models.
Further Performance Features
Other performance features include.
- MacPherson Strut Front Suspension
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension
- Electric Power-Assisted Rack-and-Pinion Steering (EPS)
- Front and Rear Stabilizer Bars
- Power-Assisted Ventilated Front Disc/Solid Rear Disc Brakes
- All-Season Tires
Active Safety Features for Secure Performance
The Pilot performance features are complemented by a range of active safety features that work intelligently through every drive, keeping you in full control of the Honda Pilot through every twist and turn. Active safety features include:
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with Tire Fill Assist and Location and Pressure Indicators
Test Out the 2021 Pilot Specs in Person
Latest on Honda Models
Each year, Cars.com puts out a list that ranks the best American-made cars and SUVs called the American-Made IndexⓇ*. Cars.com evaluates each model based on assembly location, parts content, engine origins, transmission origins, and U.S. manufacturing workforce. Cars.com uses a 100-point scale, which groups related variants under the same nameplate and platform but will separate…
The 2021 Honda HR-V is the smallest SUV in the Honda line-up, but you would never know it due to its spacious cabin with seating for five and the amount of cargo space. The Honda HR-V gets its cargo space from the innovative folding 2nd-row seat, known as the “Magic Seat.” Compared to other subcompact…
The 2021 Honda Passport has been named one of the “Best Cars For The Money” by U.S. News & World Report*. According to U.S. News & World Report Executive Editor Jamie Page Deaton, the new Passport received this accolade because “The Passport is the perfect example of a car that balances value and quality.”…
*Based on 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.