Back-to-School Cars for Mid-Missouri Drivers
Whether sending your young driver off to high school or college, now is the time to be thinking of the best back-to-school cars for your Mid-Missouri student. No matter which school they’re headed to, your student will have many of the same auto needs as other kids headed off to school: an affordable price, a high fuel economy, a spacious cabin, and some high-tech features.
Those highlights sound like a Honda to us, and maybe that’s why three Honda models made their way onto the Kelley Blue Book 10 Best Back-to-School Cars of 2016.* The 2016 Honda Fit even took the top spot!
2016 Honda HR-V
The new 2016 Honda HR-V compact crossover seats up to five passengers with ease and offers the increased ride height and improved visibility of an SUV. Factor in these advantages, and it’s easy to see why it’s a runaway hit with Millennials headed to Mizzou and University of Central Missouri:
- Price: The 2016 HR-V 2WD LX 6MT is priced at only $19,215 (MSRP),** making it more affordable than many modern sedans.
- All-Wheel Drive: Whether camping on the weekend or soldiering through a snowy winter, the HR-V’s available all-wheel drive has your back.
- Fuel Economy: An efficient SUV? Believe it. Each 2016 HR-V 2WD CVT model earns an EPA-estimated 35 highway mpg.***
- Interior Space: With 100.1 cubic feet of passenger space, the HR-V LX lets everyone get comfy for a long ride. Fold down the rear seats and get ready to haul with 58.8 cubic feet of cargo room.
2016 Honda Civic
There are countless Civics on the streets of Mid-Missouri college towns, but few will turn heads like the 2016 Honda Civic. Redesigned for its 10th generation, the Civic is as stylish as it is affordable, and it’s loaded with advanced auto tech in the cabin and under the hood.
- Price: 2016 Civic Sedan LX models with 6MT are priced at just $18,640 (MSRP),**** continuing the Civic legacy of affordability.
- Fuel Economy: 2016 Civic Sedan EX-T models feature a new turbocharged 4-cylinder that earns an EPA-estimated 42 highway mpg.*** Standard 2016 Civic Sedan LX models with a CVT are rated at an EPA-estimated 41 highway mpg.***
- Features: Bluetooth phone and audio are both standard, as is a multi-angle rearview camera. Upgrades like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto boost connectivity while available Honda Sensing features take safety to new heights.
- Spacious Interior: It might compete with the small cars, but the Civic interior is nothing if not spacious, offering 97.8 cubic feet of passenger room.
2017 Honda Fit
The 2016 model made the top of the KBB.com list, and we have the latest updated model in stock at Mid-Missouri Honda Dealers: the 2017 Honda Fit. It’s already made a splash in Mid-Missouri, and with highlights like these, it’s easy to see why the Fit was named the best back-to-school car by Kelley Blue Book:
- Price: The 2017 Fit LX 6MT has a price of just $15,990 (MSRP),**** letting you devote some of that auto fund toward tuition.
- Fuel Economy: The Fit is a saver in the long term, too; 2017 Fit LX CVT models earn an EPA-estimated 40 mpg on the highway and 33 mpg in the city.*****
- Features: Like the Civic, you’ll find a standard multi-angle rearview camera and Bluetooth phone/audio on the Fit. Upgrades like a Display Audio touchscreen and navigation make the Fit’s tech state-of-the-art.
- Interior Volume: The Honda Magic Seat has four configurations that make it easy to get the most out of the 95.7 cubic feet of passenger space.
Find Your Back-to-School Car
University of Central Missouri, North Central Missouri College, and the University of Missouri all have one thing in common: They’re conveniently located near a Mid-Missouri Honda Dealer for when your student’s new car needs servicing. Stop by one of our locations today to take a test drive of a new Honda and find the best back-to-school car for your Mid-Missouri student.
*For more information, visit Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com. Kelley Blue Book is a registered trademark of Kelley Blue Book Co., Inc.
**MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $900.00 destination charge, and options. Dealers set their own prices.
***Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, battery-pack age/condition, and other factors.
****MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $835.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set their own prices.
*****Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, battery-pack age/condition, and other factors.