The Car Connection Compares the Honda Accord vs. Chevy Malibu
If the 2020 Honda Accord is impressive in isolation, it becomes downright exceptional when compared against rival models like the Chevy Malibu. Just take a look at The Car Connection Honda Accord vs. Chevy Malibu comparison, and you’ll see what we mean. They rate the Accord #1 in among Large Cars while the Malibu is rated #12 among Midsize Cars.
The Car Connection on the 2020 Chevrolet Malibu
Critics from The Car Connection clearly aren’t impressed by the Chevy Malibu. In their own words: “The 2020 Chevrolet Malibu is a handsome mid-size sedan that’s overshadowed by competitors in terms of standard features.”
It’s clear not a bad vehicle, and it comes from one of the country’s most popular automakers. That said, it just can’t compete with industry leaders like the Honda Accord. Weak points identified by The Car Connection include:
- No more hybrid
- Active safety gear still extra
- Boring interior design
The Car Connection on the 2020 Honda Accord
In contrast, the Accord is clearly a favorite. As noted by The Car Connection: “The 2020 Honda Accord is one of the best sedans available, a must-drive for any shopper.” Just a few noted strengths include:
- Good value
- Good looks
- Good fuel economy
Other awards include:
- Record 34th time on Car and Driver’s 10Best List
- Kelley Blue Book’s 2020 Best Buy Midsize Car
- 2020 ALG Residual Value Award
- US News and World Report’s Best Midsize Car for Families
- 2019 Edmunds Editors’ Choice Best Sedan
- 2019 Edmunds Buyers Most Wanted
The Winner: The 2020 Honda Accord
- Trunk Volume: Up to 16.7 cubic feet in the Accord vs 15.7 in the Chevy.
- Standard Power: Up to 192 hp with the Accord vs. 163 hp with the Chevy.
- Available Power: Up to 252 hp with the Accord vs. 250 hp with the Chevy.
Unlike the Chevy Malibu, the Accord is happy to provide state of the art safety technology as standard across its trim levels, including:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR)
Try Out the 2020 Accord to See Why It Beats the Competition
Want to see why the 2020 Honda Accord beat out the Chevy Malibu in The Car Connection’s comparison? You can explore the latest Honda Accord and take advantage of current specials by visiting your local Mid-Missouri Honda dealer today.